Rental Properties

Rental Properties

If you own a rental property in WA it is your responsibility as the owner to ensure that it meets the minimum levels of security in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act.  If you are unsure that your properties meet these requirement call us and we can help advise you on what’s required, regarding door and window locks.

Some rental owners unfortunately don’t have the best experience with tenants.  If you need the locks changed after an eviction or just don’t want old tenants popping back in, we can re-key the lock to keep them out and protect your investment.

We also work in conjunction with many of the local Real Estate Agents ensuring your locks are serviced, repaired and your rental property is made compliant with Residential Tenancies Act.

Further information regarding the minimum levels of security can be found on the Government of Western Australia Department of Commerce website.

It is also important to note that in accordance with The Security and Related Activities (Control) Regulations 1997 requires that any work carried out on a lock, with the exception of a key in knob set, must be carried out by a Class 4 (minimum) Licensed Security Installer.  So it is important that you ensure any work completed on locks at your rental property is completed by a  Licensed Security Installer.

For more information about Licensed Security Installers go to:

Baldivis Locksmith Qualifications

  • Full Qualified Master Locksmith
  • Security Installer Licence
  • Security Agent Licence
  • Security Consultant Licence
  • Member of the Master Locksmith Association
  • Authorised Repairer of Western Australia MRB5416